[TowerTalk] WX7M 280' long 20M Yagi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] WX7M 280' long 20M Yagi
From: w6old@qsl.net (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 10:01:56 -0700
At 9:14 AM -0700 9/18/97, Bob Perring wrote:
>Some thoughts come to my mind, as to what might be in the head of
>someone doing something an antenna such as this:
>1. Never been done before
>2. It is AMATEUR radio.
>3. Who will ever do one any bigger?
>4. Will it make a cover page of one of my ham radio magazines as a
>technical item, not
>    as a some other aspect of our hobby?
>5. Putting up an array like this allows a lot of time for safe beer
>drinking with a result at
>    the end of the keg.
>6. It is something which will be noticed.
>7. It is something which will be remembered.
>8. It is something that the creator's peers will surely talk about.
>9. What the Hell, I've got the wire, and I've got the curiosity.

Add:

10. I enjoy computer modeling yagi antennas.
11. I have a source of cheap military surplus towers.
12. I have a source of cheap agricultural irrigation pipe.
13. I have the room.

>WHAT A GREAT PROJECT !!

Indeed.  Pat's QTH is about a half-hour from here and the antenna is
beautiful!!

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada (South of Reno)