[TowerTalk] KC1XX's 8 10M yagis

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KC1XX's 8 10M yagis
From: (george fremin iii)
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 01:25:50 -0500 (CDT)
Ian White, G3SEK writes:
>Tyler Stewart wrote:
>>Bill Fisher - W4AN wrote:
>We can certainly talk 144 or 432, where contesters use 8-high stacks to
>increase the gain without narrowing the beamwidth. For the simplest
>system, feeding all antennas through equal line lengths, the maximum
>length is no more than it would take to reach the top antenna. The main
>distribution point is half-way up the stack, so 6 out of the 8 feedlines
>have to be coiled up to "lose" some length.

You don't have to use equal lengths of feedlines - they can
be diffrent lengths - as long as they are diffrent by multiples
of one wavelength.

BTW you can get a slightly better pattern if the middle antennas
have more power going to them then the outer ones.

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.     "It is hard to be in one place at the same time."
K5TR                             -- Overheard at the TR-Log booth
512/416-7010                          at the Dayton Hamvention