[TowerTalk] Guy Anchors

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy Anchors
From: (george fremin iii)
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 18:08:30 -0500 (CDT)
Franson, Paul D. [NCS] writes:
>I'm putting up a Glen Martin 1850 - 18 inches on a side, 50 feet high.
>It comes with earth screw guy anchors, they recommend 150-175 lbs
>of tension.
>What's a good alternate if you have a bed of shale where the guys should
>I could use a tree and the well head pipe, but they are slightly off the
>alignment. The third guy isn't near anything to attach it to.
>Thanks,  73, W2HCA

As far as screw anchors go you might want to check
the summary that was written up by N6ZZ a few years ago.
It can be found on the KA9FOX WEB page.

You want to go to the mail summaries page.

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.     "It is hard to be in one place at the same time."
K5TR                             -- Overheard at the TR-Log booth
512/416-7010                          at the Dayton Hamvention