[TowerTalk] Re: Are "Ufer" grounding BEFORE pouring base cement?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Are "Ufer" grounding BEFORE pouring base cement?
From: (Charles H. Harpole)
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 09:00:24 -0400 (EDT)
I would feel better about all the PolyPhazer advice if I saw that they
cited any actual experiences with lightning.  If they do, please let me
know, but all I have seen so far is, technical speculation.  Has anyone's
concrete base ever exploded upon lightning?  Otherwise shown damage?
Hams greatest asset to the world of science (and of weather, etc.) is
huge base of practical, direct, personal experiences with radios and stuff
actually operating in the field, not in the lab or not in computer
simulations.  And, hams are good, and sometimes even trained, observers,
honest in reports, and willing to report.  Makes them good sources for the
"other half" of good science--theory AND PRACTICE.  de K4VUD