[TowerTalk] 7-pin connector wanted

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 7-pin connector wanted
From: sawyers@inav.net (Steve Sawyers n0yvy)
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 21:17:38 -0500
I would suggest that you take the connector off, and use a two pair of
four wire trailer connectors arranged so you can never connect them
wrong ie one trailer side and one car side connected to the rotor and
their mates connected to the cable.

The local discounters have hooded connector set available for $1.99. I
just wrap the seam line with cheap electical tape and call it good.

The purist may want to use something better to seal the joint, but my
luck with rotors says that the tape will last longer than the rotor
rebuild. But then I buy my rotors used at hamfests and overload them,
then buy another one when it quits working.

Tower climbing and rotor replacement could be a competitive sport. ;-)

de n0yvy steve