[TowerTalk] Very long wire

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Very long wire
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 15:57:53 -0500 (CDT)
Hi,

Last year the local phone company burried a new telephone
line that feeds the house that is at the W5KFT ranch.
W5KFT aksed them to leave the old phone line and  poles
in place.  I am sure they were more than happy that
they did not get to take them out.

Anyway the point is we now have a really long wire.
I intented to hook it up and play with it.  I was wondering
if any of the computer programs out there could model it
with any sucess and to see if anyone wants to give it a shot.

The poles are about 20' high and the telephone wires
are run either on each side of the poles or on some of
the run one above the other.  The wire runs WNW for about
a mile and then at least another mile or more North.

I am also wondering what the thoughts are about feeding
just one wire or feeding both in parallel.

Thanks

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.     "It is hard to be in one place at the same time."