[TowerTalk] Wrenchs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wrenchs
From: bobkathylangham@worldnet.att.net@postoffice.worldnet.att.net (Bob N8YGG)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 19:49:37 -0400
00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu wrote:

> I have seen the Bob Vila ads for the "new" Craftsman wrenches and wonder
> if anyone has used them.  These are combination open/box wrenches in which
> the open end part has an extra notch in the body so that it provides a
> sort of racheting action in an open end wrench.  In particular, is this a
> good substitute for a racheting box wrench?  There are certainly times
> on the tower where this sort of tool appears to be handy!
>
> Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9
> 00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu
>
> --
> Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search
This past July I purchased a set after seeing the ad on TV.  I had to
remove some nuts on the tower where there wasn't any room for a socket
or a box-end wrench, I figured that these would be just the ticket.
However, in order to use the wrench, it has to fit fully onto the not or
bolthead.  If it doesn't bottom out in the wrench, you can't turn the
nut, it will just spin.  Its a good idea, put make sure that you can
fully access the nut or bolt.

Bob N8YGG
15 miles east of Dayton