[TowerTalk] Schedule 40 PVC

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Schedule 40 PVC
From: (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 20:54:16 EDT
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               617/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:

On Fri, 26 Sep 1997 14:35:10 -0500 "Effinger SH (Sam)  at MSXSOPC"
<> writes:
>I an doing the same thing and wondered if you rented a trenching
>or did it by hand ???   I have to go 100 feet to the tower and a
>is the only thing I can think of...

K1VR:  I've done all my trenching here at K1VR by hand. I highly
recommend a narrow blade shovel, so that the trench is not unnecessarily
wide, a pick (helps with roots), and an axe (roots).  My most recent
trench is 135 feet.  Hell, some guys pay to go to a health club.  I
climb, cut wood and dig trenches.  Gotta justify those calories in  my
red meat and red wine.

For my commercial work, I always rent a "Ditch Witch" from the local