[TowerTalk] Guy Grips with Rohn Torque Arms

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy Grips with Rohn Torque Arms
From: (Chuck Dietz)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 21:39:12 -0500
I thought I had my 2 tower erection project all ready when I noticed
some 1/4" thimbles in one of my Rohn 45 torque assemblys.  The hole
looked small so I tried a 3/8" thimble in it and sure enough, it was too
small to accept the 3/8" thimble.  Therefore I cannot use the 1.4"
preformed guy grips because the radius of a 1/4" thimble is too small.

Now I know that in the "old days" we never cared about the radius a guy
wire or a guy grip was going around, but I am trying to do it right this

Do I just "surrender" and use 1/4" clips with the 1/4" thimbles at the
torque bars?  (This is my soloution) or does anyone have a better
soloution where I can use grips at the torque arms?

Chuck, KZ5MM (ex: KE5FI)