[TowerTalk] re: new Craftsmen wrenches

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] re: new Craftsmen wrenches
From: (
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 10:53:46 EDT

        I have looked at the faily detailed pictures of these wrenches which I
received in my Craftsman Club advertisement.  It appears to me that the design
is such that the wrench may not grab the nut as securely as I'd like - leading
to possible slippage if the nut is on very tight.  Also, the design which
allows it to "ratchet" may wear on the edges of a nut if used several times.
These potential problems make me believe that there is a possibility of
rounding nuts/bolts, which then severely compounds the original problem of
        Do be careful.  I have damaged enough nuts/bolts with sloppily fitting
wrenches to really appreciate tight fitting wrenches and sockets.

73, Dave Clemons K1VUT