[TowerTalk] Cable break on MARB 550 US Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cable break on MARB 550 US Tower
From: KJ6Y@aol.com (KJ6Y@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 12:24:22 -0400 (EDT)
Jack, I assume the cable broke on the tower and not the tilt over/raising
fixture. Is the tower a MA-550 with motor drive or hand winch?  Which motor
drive?  I have replaced the cables on those towers and it's something you may
be able to do yourself, but it does take some work. You have to tilt the
tower over and remove the top and bottom caps and pull the sections apart. If
it has the MDP motor drive, the cable restringing is a lot more involve
because it's a continous cable for pull up and pull down.
Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
Skip, KJ6Y
Communications Service Co.
http://members.aol.com/kj6y/skip.html
818-887-3569