[TowerTalk] Tuned Feeders

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tuned Feeders
From: (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 12:49:17 EDT
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               617/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:

On Fri, 26 Sep 1997 23:33:53 +0900 Tom Osborne <>

>I'm in the midst of putting up an antenna for WARC bands.  I'm making
>130 foot dipole with tuned feeders.  In reading about the feedline it
>stated that the foam 300 ohm solid ribbon is not that good to use
>because when it gets wet the SWR changes.  Is that a problem other
>the fact that I may have to adjust the tuner a bit to get the SWR back

Been there, done that.  That's the only problem I've ever noticed.  If
you have the time, 450 ohm available from Radio Ware at a reasonable
price.  Also works fine and a little less vulnerable to weather changes
in SWR.  But retuning is not really difficult. -- Fred