[TowerTalk] Re: Recommended Thimble Size: Preformed Big-Grips

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Recommended Thimble Size: Preformed Big-Grips
From: (J.P. Kleinhaus)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 11:06:40 -0400
OK, so I only pretend to know everything :-)

I stand (thankfully) corrected on my previous stamement regarding
thimble sizes with grips etc.  I assumed that National Tower would
put 2 and 2 together when I was discussing grips and thimbles
in relation to the same order...I guess not.

Frank, what size shackles do I use at the guy attachment points?
Is it a 3/8" hole that takes a 5/16" shackle, or can I use a 3/8"
shackle there?

Question 2:

Do I need to use thimbles when going through the 502 insulators, or
is the turn radius and stength of the insulator enough to support the
1/4" EHS and big grip?

Thanks in advance,

J.P. Kleinhaus, W2XX  (fdba AA2DU)

As we say in the software business:  "You are hosed."