[TowerTalk] feeding a 4-sloper array

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] feeding a 4-sloper array
From: aa7bg@3rivers.net (Matt Trott)
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 1997 20:31:02 -0600
I am so impressed with the single 80m sloper I put up last year I have
decided to put up 3 more and have a "steerable" array. The ARRL antenna
book says to feed the antennas from the switchbox with "a little more than
3/8 wavelength" of feedline to provide the appropriate inductance to
electrically lenghthen  the 3 non-fed antennas (which then act as reflectors).

I know K3LR wrote an article in Aug. 94? QST about this type of antenna
system. I don't know if he, more precisely than the antenna book, explained
the feedline lenghths.  My problem is I cleaned house and must have tossed
that issue out a few years back. I do have the issue where Bob, W7LR
discusses this array, but the lenghth of feedline he mentions is 62' of
RG213 (vf .66?) which equates to ~3/10 wl for the 40 meter antenna
discussed in the article.

Is the feedline lenghth from the switchbox REAL critical or just critical?
I am going to use RG8X.

If you are using this antenna what electrical lenghth feedline are you using??

Thanks, Matt--K7BG

Did somebody say 4-square?