[TowerTalk] 40m for KT-34XA?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40m for KT-34XA?
From: k7sv@juno.com (Larry G Schimelpfenig)
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 18:42:05 EDT
Kevin, I wouldn't try it on a bet. Last year when I first put my 2
element KLM at 8 feet above my XA with the booms 90 degrees apart, I had
problems with the XA on 15. So I decided to see what happened if I ran
the booms parallel. The problem on 15 became worse, and it also destroyed
the pattern on 20.

Since rebuilding my XA and the 2 element 40 and putting the back up with
8 foot separation and boom 90 degrees apart, I'm extremely pleased with
performance.
I gave the system the acid test in CQP over the weekend.

The coupling between the XA elements is very critical. Simply reversing
the direction that the linear loading points greatly effects the log cell
resonance.

I had very good luck with a rotatable (KLM) 40 meter dipole six feet
above and running parallel with the XA boom. The second element made a
much bigger difference than I tought it would.

73 de Larry K7SV in VA