[TowerTalk] V-beam set-up Mess

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] V-beam set-up Mess
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 13:30:53 -1000
Status,  all tangled in the way too rapidly growing
tropical vines!!!??  And these four beams must be
up and operating in two weeks,  or will miss their
use in the CQWW.

Unfortunately have waited too long since getting the four
pull ropes across the "jungle" filled ravine.  Some
how, the wind or rains, or together,  allowed the ropes
to sag low enough for the vine tentacles to find them.

This morning my son and I tried to pull across another
of the #13 poly coated wires;  but nothing doing,  way too
many vines hanging on to move anything across.  So,  out
with the machete in the very warm, humid morning sun, and
whack,  whack,  climb and curse,  etc., etc.
So got nothing done,  before just became too hot, wet, and
seemingly very attractive to the mosquitoes!

At least we now know what must be done,  so will start
earlier in the mornings to come,  and get these wires
out,  I hope by the first of next week,  then can
start getting things tuned-up and tweaked.

More to come, sooner than later,  I hope.

73,  Jim, KH7M
On the Garden Island of Kauai
Where the vines grow faster than anything else!