[TowerTalk] Needed - Temporary A3 Support

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Needed - Temporary A3 Support
From: n5tj@hotmail.com (Jeff Steinman)
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 07:50:51 PDT
I have a single crank-up tower on my lot. Last year for SS CW I added an
A3 on my chimney fixed West at 25' for a second antenna. It was VERY
useful. I'd rather not wrestle with my pitched roof again and am looking
for any ideas/suggestions for a better way to get the A3 up / down at
25-30' "relatively" easily and quickly for contest weekends. And no, I
DO NOT want to sidemount it to my existing tower for various reasons.

Ideas considered include:
1) Push up mast - a pain for one person, needs guys, makes mess of yard.
2) Aluminum extension latter - needs guys but more rigid than #1
and has alternate uses!
3) Small 30' aluminum tower w/ foldover base - only needs 1/2 yard of
concrete, can probably tilt up by myself (not sure w/ antenna on it) -
but more expensive.
4) ?????

73,
Jeff  N5TJ