[TowerTalk] Re: Heading off an antenna restriction?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Heading off an antenna restriction?
From: neader@QTH.com (Scott Neader KA9FOX)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 02:49:22 -0500
Quick update on my situation:

1) City Chief Building Inspector has agreed to supply me with a letter
stating that my tower installation does not violate any current zoning
ordinances.

2) Plan is to put up the tower ASAP, but the concrete was just poured last
Saturday and the tower specs say I must wait 7 days.  I am following the
tower specs to the letter, so I'll be waiting until next week to install
the tower.  Antennas will have to come later (especially since I don't even
have the C4XL yet!)

3) I plan on a simple "public relations" type mailer to be sent to area
neighbors.  The opponents canvassed a large area and I don't have the time
to visit everyone.  The mailer will, in a friendly manner, try to answer
their most likely questions (property value, RFI/TVI concerns, etc.).  ARRL
is fed-exing me some stuff which will arrive Tuesday, including a study
that was done a while ago proving that property values don't drop when they
are nearby ham towers.

4) I signed up for a $1,000,000 Liability Umbrella Policy from my insurance
agent.  He also assured me that my proposed tower and antennas will be
covered without any additional premiums.

Will keep you posted!

73 - Scott KA9FOX

INTERNET SOLUTIONS - Affordable web page design and storage
Scott Neader (608)788-1234 / FAX (608)787-0100 / neader@QTH.com
KA9FOX Contesting and DXing Site: http://www.QTH.com/KA9FOX
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads:  http://www.QTH.com