[TowerTalk] 40m Add-on summary...YES!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40m Add-on summary...YES!
From: jleahy@norwich.net (Jim Leahy)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 05:50:42 -0400
I want to thank everyone for the advice. All say "go for it!", so that's
what I'm going to do. When I bought it (second hand from an estate), I
didn't realize it was missing some parts, i.e. some 7/8" tubing, guying
line and the mast/guy support. So I've had to order some tubing to finish
it off and am going to tie it off to the mast itself above the beam with
some polyprop. rope. Was surprised to hear how well the KR40 actually
works. This is my first tower/beam project as I've been using wires,
slopers and verticals all these years. Quite excited about getting
everything up this weekend. Hope Murphy is on vacation. Thanks again.
Jim Leahy  K2JL
jleahy@norwich.net