[TowerTalk] 40 meter Add-on...Yea or Nay???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40 meter Add-on...Yea or Nay???
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 21:46:31 EDT
On Wed, 15 Oct 1997 10:36:31 -0400 (EDT) K7LXC@aol.com writes:
>In a message dated 97-10-15 05:59:56 EDT, jleahy@norwich.net writes:
>
><< I currently have an AP8 vertical with a ground radial
> system underneath that works well on 40m. Would I really gain
>anything with
> this basically "rotatable" dipole up there? What about the snow
> this elongated driven element, as it is windy with snow and ice up on
>this
> hill in the winter? Hmm, I think I just talked myself out of it. Any
> thoughts yea or nay on the subject?  >>
>
>    The 'secret' to successful operating (DXing, contesting, casual,
>etc.) is
>having a choice of antennas. This will complement your vertical
>because at
>any time, one of the antennas will perform better than the other. Go
>for it!

                GOOD   ADVICE !

>     Don't lose any sleep about antenna wx damage - that's why you've
>got
>homeowners insurance.

                VERY   BAD   ADVICE !

>73,  Steve  K7LXC

        MANY  insurance companies are more concerned with
        the NUMBER of claims than the amount.  If you file a
        number of small claims, you may find yourself looking
        for another insurance carrier and having to explain why
        you were either cancelled or not renewed!

        Instead, put it up as well as you can (trusses help),
        carry a higher deductable, and SELF  INSURE for
        the small stuff.

de  Tom  N4KG