[TowerTalk] N4KG 40m boom dipoles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] N4KG 40m boom dipoles
From: k4ro@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us (K4RO Kirk Pickering)
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 10:34:03 -0500
> >K1VR:  You might consider the idea which surfaced earlier this year from
> >N4KG, which is to gamma rod feed the boom of the TH6  with a separate
> >feedline.  Keeps things light up there.
>  K0WA:
> I've read the thread on this....but who can testify that it really radiates
> a signal on 40 that is worth while?

Sure seems to work well at my QTH, and others I've talked into trying
it have been very pleased with the results.  I'm putting up a second
PRO-57A soon, and plan to load its boom as well.  Makes a great 40m or
30m antenna for the cost of some feedline.  Seems to radiate very well,
and has good side nulls too.  Beats every 40m wire dipole I've ever used.

-Kirk  K4RO