[TowerTalk] T2X Strong Enough?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] T2X Strong Enough?
From: dick@libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 11:36:30 -0800
At 11:40 AM -0800 10/22/97, I wrote:
>I am planning on putting a TH-11 and 402CD stack on a new Tailtwister.
>People with a lot more experience than I say that stack will break the
>Tailtwister in the first good wind (and we get some good ones here in the
>Sierras).
>
>Assuming 80-100 mph winds, is that a true assessment?
>
>If it is, would a Yaesu G-1000 be a better choice or would I have to go to
>their G-2800?  (I would like to retain the T2X bolt pattern if at all
>possible.)
>
>I thought I was ready to finish this project, but now I'm not so sure......
>
>73, Dick

Since posting the above, I have received very helpful responses from
fourteen people who are evenly split right down the line:  7 = T2X OK;  7 =
T2X not OK.

That tells me the T2X is probably marginal and I would sleep better at
night with one of the Extra-HD rotors.  This, of course, begs the question:
Which one?

The two major brands I am willing to consider are:

Yaesu G-2800SDX
M2 "Orion" OR-2800P

I am not considering the Create, big Hy-Gain and homebrew (e.g., prop
pitch) for a couple of reasons, but I especially like the Yeasu and M2
because they can be computer controlled.

Since the TT reflector has helped steer me away from the T2X, perhaps you
good folks can help steer me to the better of these two Extra-HD choices.

Opinions, comments, suggestions, all welcome.  I will post a summary of all

Needless to say, thanks to everyone for your help.

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/w7di/