[TowerTalk] Tower Accident

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Accident
From: brad4@roanoke.infi.net (M.G. Brafford)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 10:17:59 -0500
The local TV station ran a short spot on the accident. They said workers
were replacing support (guy) wires, when the tower fell. The video tape
showed the tower to be a crumpled pile of metal, that seemed to fall in a
rather small radius. It also showed several cars that were damaged by the
tower. I assume   the cars belonged to TV Station workers. They reported 3
tower men were killed in the accident. No ground injuries were reported.
They said it was one of the tallest TV towers in the country.

W4YV

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
> Date: Tuesday, October 28, 1997 11:17 PM
>
> At 11:44 AM 10-28-97 -0500, you wrote:
> >Does anyone have any of the details on the tower accident in Alabama??
We