[TowerTalk] C4XL IS UP!!

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C4XL IS UP!!
From: (Richard M. Thorne)
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 17:52:59 -0600
Well its finally up.

I just climbed off the roof.  3 fellas here at work gave me hand
as the ground crew pulling on the gin pole rope.

It went around the guy wires much easier than I thought.  The only
casualty was the loading wires on the 40 meter driven element.  I
had not pinned the cross member and it slid over to one side.  I
should be able to get it centered with a little elbow grease.

The coax is not hooked up yet so swr and performance notes will

IMPORTANT:  For those of you raising the same antenna on a guyed
tower you must remove the 15 meter reflector.  I thought ahead and
it made it much easier to raise the antenna.  As soon as the antenna
was mounted I had the ground crew send up the 15 meter reflector
and re-attached it.

Hopefully it will be tuned up in plenty of time for SS.

See ya.
Richard Thorne - WB5M
Amarillo, TX