[TowerTalk] Yagis and Wind Direction

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yagis and Wind Direction
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 1997 12:04:46 -0500
Hi Jerry,

Your point is well taken... however, anyone who does not want to
minimize the stress on his system is tempting fate. Given the choice...
and that's all it is here... a choice, I'd opt for minimizing wind
induced stress if I had the option to do so. Surely I'd recommend
building a system to properly account for "most likely conditions" but
it's not like constructing a bridge which can't be turned.  You do have
an option to exercise... especially important in the unlikely event
that a particular storm turns out to exceed your design parameters.

After all... what do you have to lose by being as cautious as you could
be?  The guy who doesn't, say,  lower his crank-up in an impending
blow...  because the maximum sustainable wind velocity is not likely to
exceed the design parameters... is... well I'll be charitable and leave
the definition to your imagination.

Thanks for your thinking on the subject.

73,
Roger, K2JAS
Morganville, NJ
Where there is only one sign