[TowerTalk] coax choke balun

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] coax choke balun
From: (Press W Jones)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 09:33:08 EST
Cornelius, the old rule of thumb employed in coiling coax is a radius no
smaller than 15 times the diameter of the coax, which indicates R=6" for
RG8 sizes, and r=3" for RG58 size. The number of turns seems to vary by
various authors, but we suggest about 6 turns in a perfect close helix
for your choice of frequency. More delicate coax is at much greater risk,
viz: the new low solids foams and various semi air dielectrics with the
much heavier center conductors(9913, etc)
Press Jones, N8UG, The Wireman, Inc., Landrum, SC 29356
use or (864) 895-4195 for tech help
orders only use 800-727-WIRE(9473) or