[TowerTalk] Re: [Antennas] Braid as an Effective Grounding Material

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [Antennas] Braid as an Effective Grounding Material
From: (Pat Masterson)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 15:02:24 -0500 (EST)
Dont compare real lightning braid to the stuff you pull off a piece of
RG213. The real stuff I have at my shack is 28 strands of #16 wire.
Considerably bulkier than coax braid. -pat

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Charles H. Harpole wrote:

> If braid is a no-no for lightning grounding, somebody had better tell all
> the places where I have seen big braid cables used in the lightning rod
> systems.  Specifically, the roof of our campus buildings at Univ. of Cent.
> Fla., but seen everwhere else I have looked at lightning rod
> installations.
> Also, isn't this a matter of electrical code, and is the code wrong?

*  Pat Masterson  B38-01,  Northrop Grumman,     *  Ham:KE2LJ
*  Plant 1, South Oyster Bay Rd.,                *  Packet: KE2LJ@KC2FD.NY
*  Bethpage, NY 11714                            *  President Grumman Amateur
*  email:   Fone: 516-346-6316   *  Radio Club  WA2LQO