[TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor Troubleshooting

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor Troubleshooting
From: (Jay Selwitz)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 15:07:02 -0800 (PST)
I have a Yaesu G-800S rotor.  When I switched the power    on
yesterday, the motorized pointer raced to 0 degrees.  The antenna
remains locked at 60 degrees and neither the controller indicator nor
the antenna will move when I press the seesaw switch.  (The fuse is OK
and the controller needle does move very slightly when I disconnect
the rotor cable.)  All of the soldered cable connections at the
control box check out OK. Measured resistance of the cable leading to
the rotor is 4 ohms between pins 1 and 3, and 70 ohms between pins 1
and 2 and between pins 2 and 3.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Jay K6UC

Sent by Yahoo! Mail. Get your free e-mail at