[TowerTalk] Re: [Antennas] link tuners

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [Antennas] link tuners
From: (Robert Bacharach)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 09:37:02 -0500
> L. B. Cebik wrote:
> > I have saved some 55 messages so far related to interest in the
> > re-emergence of a link-coupled tuner on the market--and I know some did
> I am looking forward to your tutorial.
> Chuck, KE9UW

LB and Chuck.

You've aroused my interest too!   You may have noted my recent posting
about repairs to an MFJ-989.
LB hit the nail on the head referring to the transmatch as an accessory
which is within the skills of most amateurs to construct, either homebrew
or as a kit.

I remember converting some WWII surplus for amateur use 30+ years ago.
Several units employed link coupling, which necessarily was designed for a
small segment of spectrum.  The circuitry performed quite well.

Looking forward to more on the topic.     73,  Bob Bacharach, WA2EMF, Rock
Hill, SC