[TowerTalk] rivets, rivets

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rivets, rivets
From: (Scott Bullock)
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 12:04:18 -0500
Don't use TEK screws-they rust easily and are disimilar metals-they will
cause the joint to seize. I use TEK screws extensively in my business doing
mobile installs, and I see what happens to grounds etc that people put in
wet environments with these. Use stainless steel screws, and predrill the
TEK screws have a time and a place, and it's not on antennas.
Maybe others have a different feeling on this, and flame away if you must,
but i've used these for 18 years, and have seen what happens to them
asbestos undies now on