[TowerTalk] TH-6 vs. TH-7 vs. TA-36

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH-6 vs. TH-7 vs. TA-36
From: (Gerald Caouette)
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 16:33:51 -0800
Bob Perring wrote:
> So far, and I understand I am jumping ahead a bit, since there may be
> some who have not had a chance to respond to the question(s),the
> the Hy-Gain TH-6 vs. the Hy-Gain TH-7
> seem to centered upon the available band width for low SWR.
> This was a given at the time of the question.
> The TH-7 is dual element driven, so the SWR bandwidth will be better
> than the TH-6 or TA-36.
> OK, so I take, and easily add, another driven element and properly
> parallel feed it on the TA-36 or TH-6,
> Does this move us back to a cancellation of the TH-7 being
> advantageous over the other two because of SWR bandwidth ?

Bob   -  Telex /Hy-gain  Sells the parts to convert the TH6 to a TH7  and at
one time
Sold a Kit to do just that.

So if a properly converted TH6 antenna  is a TH7 then they would be equal
( conversion requires changes iin the placement of the driven Elements and the
moving of one of the
10 meter elements. I looked at converting my TH6DXX to a TH7DX  and in the end
chose to leave it as a TH6
as the existing band width  and gain figures meet my needs.

For further information I suggest you contact Telex Hy-gain for the conversion
manual  # 392S