[TowerTalk] TowTech winch failure

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TowTech winch failure
From: (Charles H. Harpole)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 11:14:03 -0500 (EST)
In 1980s, I had a TowTech motor winch newly installed on a HyGain HD-70HG
tower crank up.  The main drive shaft inside the TowTech snapped during
its first use, when the tower was cranked all the way up.  I sent it back
to TowTech, the nice man sent me some recompense $$, and promptly went out
of business.  No more TowTech.  I think it was likely just bad metal in
the drive shaft inside the winch, but maybe it was overloaded;  however,
Mr. TowTech did specifically warrantee my particular installation and said
"it will work ok."  Now, I have a much bigger motor winch and a worm gear
in line.  de K4VUD