[TowerTalk] Stealth Wire Vertical

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stealth Wire Vertical
From: (Bill Turner)
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 00:46:12 GMT
On Sun, 16 Nov 1997 20:06:51 -0800, "Lane C. Zeitler" <>

>I have a 50 foot + pine tree in my front yard that I would like to throw a
>wire over for an "invisible" wire vertical. The bottom end of the wire
>would be on my roof (radial end). The wire would be angled slightly at
>about 30 degrees so the actual length of the wire to the top of the tree
>would be approximately 70 feet. I COULD (optional) continue on to the other
>side of the tree and attach to a street lamp post about 25 feet tall which
>is made out of concrete and located in the very front corner of my yard.

(rest deleted)

It should work pretty well, but I'd worry about igniting the tree on a
dry day.  Even if you use good quality teflon-insulated wire, at the
power level you're talking about, fire is a definite possibility after
the insulation rubs through.

73, Bill W7TI