[TowerTalk] Is expanding insulating foam safe to use

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Is expanding insulating foam safe to use
From: (
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 19:04:24 +0000
I was wondering if expanding insulating foam is safe to use around
coax cables.  I remodeling my basement and can cut out about 100'
of coax by going through an exterior wall.  Problem is how do I seal
up the hole.  I put some coax cables in a can and filled it with
Great Stuff expanding foam for about a week and the cable jacket
looks wet but see no major degradation.  I do know that caulking
compunds that smell like vineger will run the cable over time.  Since
I do not desire to tear up the drywall I would like to make sure I do
it right the first time.

Please respond directly to me since I am not currently subscribed to
this reflector.

Thanks for all your help in advance!!

Chuck Gooden
Rockford, Illinois