[TowerTalk] Stealth Wire Vertical

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stealth Wire Vertical
From: (Tom Osborne)
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 04:37:49 +0800 wrote:
> Just don't ask me about starting our roof/eve on fire back in Minnesota
> during a contest from a broken open wire feeder. Oops.
> Have a good day and 73,
>Tom, N6BT

Hi Tom.  Been there-done that!  I used a end fed zepp years back, and one
night I was on 20 working some DX, and my son came in and said the tree
was on fire.  The feeders were touching a branch, and started a fire.
Also one time they got against the door jamb and burned a couple of
grooves in it.  Those wires can start fires, thats fer sure!