[TowerTalk] Tower paint & need for guy wire

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower paint & need for guy wire
From: n8ug@juno.com (Press W Jones)
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 12:45:15 EST
Pursuant to a recent thread on the above subject, here is an ad for a
friend not on TT,
that should be of interest. Please respond directly to Dick - I'm not
involved in the deal.
73,
Press Jones, N8UG, The Wireman, Inc., Landrum, SC 29356
use n8ug@juno.com or (864) 895-4195 for tech help
orders only use 800-727-WIRE(9473) or cqwire@juno.com
http://www.thewireman.com
THE WIRE LINE(http://thewireman.com/wireline.html)

Have three gallons of Sherwin-Williams "Tower-Guard HS" paint.  It comes
only in five gallon cans, and I needed only one gallon to brush paint 50
feet of Rohn 25G (including a top section).  I had enough left to paint
at least one more section, and probably two.  When I bought it
(10-14-97), I divided it into clean gallon cans, and have three left.  I
will supply their data sheet with each gallon.  It is a low luster gray
color.  I'll take $45 a gallon (list is $55) plus shipping.  Obviously, I
would prefer a pick up from Indy than to ship.

Here's the Description from their sheet:

        Tower-Guard HS is a heavy duty, VOC compliant, high build, alkyd
enamel developed specifically for coating transmission towers.  Designed
for a single coat application that prevents corrosion through the use of
metallic zinc dust, excellent wetting properties, and high build
properties.

I need about 250 feet of 3/16 steel guy wire to secure the tower after I
raise it this spring.  If anyone wants to work a trade, I will listen. Or
will buy outright.

Richard Owens, K9OFG
156 Kirk E Dr
Indianapolis IN  46234