[TowerTalk] RE: BN-86 High Power

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: BN-86 High Power
From: mwalker@geronimo.legato.com (Mike Walker)
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 08:57:36 -0500
I would not use a BN-86 at anything over 100w.

Having worked in a ham store for a number of years, we used to see them all
the time.  Came back looking like someone had them in an oven.  Even when
people ran 600 watts and the SWR was slightly elavated, they used to fail.
I would highly recommended the BN-4000 (comes with a N connector if you like).

At the contest station and the home QTH, we run  Radio Works
(http://www.radioworks.com/index.html) baluns and had absolutely no
problems with them.

Even their catalogue is a great reference source for antenna design.

Mike

Michael K. Walker                   Legato Systems (Canada) Inc.
Escalation Management                     3390 South Service Road
(905) 637-4738                                    Burlington, ON
http://www.legato.com                                    L7N 3J5
pager:  1480111@pagemart.net