[TowerTalk] Re: Low Cost Top Loaded Vertical - Illustrated

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Low Cost Top Loaded Vertical - Illustrated
From: (----)
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 08:12:22 -0600
I have a photo of Ron Bailey's (AA4S) CTSVR installation that uses a
cantilever arrangement to raise and lower his antenna with a hand
cranked wench. He can raise and lower the antenna by himself from ground
level. His CTSVR is elevated above ground about 9' with elevated radials
on 160-40 meters.

The CTSVR weighs 50lbs when assembled with a 17' diameter top hat
assembly on top. I recommend the pushup approach to installing the
CTSVR, but commend Ron on his novel approach to the installation. 73's
Ed - N5NUG Uni-Hat Corporation

PS, I have a jpeg image file of Ron's installation for anyone who would
like to see it.