[TowerTalk] TOWER FOOTING -Reply

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TOWER FOOTING -Reply
From: (OZ8RO)
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 21:25:24 -0000

My advice to anyone placing bolts like this is to measure the
> center-to-center distances very carefully after the concrete has been
> and the bolts have been set. I think they should be corrected to at least
> 1/16" or better while the 'crete is still wet. I suppose that the
> could still flex as the concrete sets, but at least you will have done
> best you can.
> Also, I think a piece of 1/8" steel plate would make a much better
> than plywood...

Boy, I admire you chaps who can figure out all those fractions.  With a
simple  mind like mine, metric terms are the only ones that work  !

Rag Otterstad   OZ8RO in Copenhagen suburb of Birkerod.
Also JW5HE LA5HE. Previously held:G5BHQ HB9XCG
Collector of W.W.2 German military radio sets, Clandestine sets all
QRA :  Hosterkobvej 10.  DK 3460 Birkerod
Tel   ---45- 4281 5205 evenings.
Daytime tel. ---45 - 4497 3366
I work for MEC A/S, manufacturer of high quality and good looking
pushbutton switches.
If you are designing electronics equipment please check our home page :
To know more about my ham background try :