[TowerTalk] TOWER FOOTING Skewing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TOWER FOOTING Skewing
From: rhummel@cheshire.net (Rob Hummel)
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 10:37:56 -0500 (EST)
>>  the act of pouring the concrete twisted and turned my anchor bolts in

>    A better way to do it is to tack weld the J-bolts into position with

My simple and effective solution for securing the threaded j-bolts for use
with my self-supporting tower:

1. Make TWO identical templates.
2. Buy extra nuts.
3. Attach the first template with a nut above/below at the lowest point of
the threaded portion.
4. Attach the second template an inch or above the first set with the extra
nut above and below.

This keeps the tower bolts from skewing relative to each other. The entire
template/bolt cage can still rotate as a unit, but this can be detected and
corrected at pour time.
Rob Hummel (WS1A)
<rhummel@cheshire.net>