[TowerTalk] Yagi Matching Systems

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yagi Matching Systems
From: (Frank Donovan)
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 00:33:07 -0500 (EST)
Hi Gord!

Sorry for the delay, I just returned from a week in Australia and
operating the phone Sweepstakes at KH7R!

A Yagi structure doesn't have a "resonant frequency," but, of course, the
design of the driven element results in a resonant frequency at the feed
point.  My 10M Yagi was modelled at 28.0, 28.4 and 28.9, and the driven
element is designed to have excellent VSWR across this entire frequency

I prefer the T-match because -- in my experience -- its extremely bullet
proof; however, the beta match is also an excellent choice provided you
use a very high quality balun that uses a teflon insulated coax (assuming
KW power levels are intended).  The balun is the weak link in a split
driven feed, don't be tempted to cut corners here!