[TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest] Which way do we go? (Beam Headings)

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest] Which way do we go? (Beam Headings)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 06:39:00 -0600
Fixed Beam Heading  Preferences   de  N4KG

>From the EASTERN  USA, the answer is simple:  60 degrees.
At one time I had a 2 element Delta Loop supported by a 20 ft boom
attached at the 120 ft level on a 130 ft tower, aimed at 60 degrees.
This antenna was a KILLER to Europe, Africa, Middle East, and Indian
If I had made it reversible, then I could have added the South Pacific.
A pair of such antennas would cover the world by adding one for JA/SA.

BTW, these headings also make sense for 4 SQUARES, instead of the
conventional NE,SE,SW,NW with their nulls at N,S,E,W.  By rotating 15
degrees clockwise, the 4 square crossovers then become 15, 105, 195,
and 285 degrees.  From the Eastern USA, (almost) nobody lives at
those headings!

de  Tom  N4KG