[TowerTalk] 40 Meter Beams

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40 Meter Beams
From: (Jeff Singer)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 23:05:20 -0500
Hi Wayne,

I went for the KLM 40M4 and I'm glad I did. It replaced my Cushcraft 402CD,
and it is a better-abled performer.

I've never had a problem mechanically. Of course, I went to some extra
trouble in that effort, by drilling and riveting all sections together, and
by adding a short stay across the middle of the boom to hold the philystran
side trusses. This keeps the whole thing from wiggling around and falling
apart in the wind.

I get tremendous signal reports, too, with low swr everywhere except the top
30khz or so. Others I know who have this or the 3-el job say the same thing.

Unfortunately, I may soon have to replace it with something smaller, based
on the feelings gathered at the variance hearing I had to endure last week.
But that's another story entirely.

Good luck in your quest.  Hope this has helped.

73 de Jeff K2KV