[TowerTalk] 110 Vac up a tower

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 110 Vac up a tower
From: (Dale Jones K5MM)
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 17:48:25 -0600
  In responding to the querry about what type of coax to use, KC5UOO
  suggested running 110 Vac to the top of a tower to operate an antenna
  switch.  Please note that this is potentially LETHAL unless industrial
  grade installation guidelines are used throughout the project.  That
  means running metal-type conduit up the tower for the AC power line.

  It is far safer to run 12 Volts ac or dc to the top of a tower to
  operate switches, so long as the relay coils are consistent with
  that voltage.

  Just a word of caution........Avoid running 110 Vac up to the top of
  a tower if at all possible, or if you EVER intend to climb that tower
  with the AC power on!!

  Dale  K5MM