[TowerTalk] RCS4 switchbox

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RCS4 switchbox
From: (Matt Trott--K7BG)
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 00:49:09 -0700
Thanks to all for your input regarding the RCS-4. No I don't have a
lightening arrestor in the line as many questioned, but it's good to know
for future reference that this will cause a problem. I hadn't thought to
look at the barrel connector in the feedline as the antenna loads fine and
I hadn't noticed any feedline problems without the switchbox in line,
however this could be the problem. Maybe I have a high resistance path for
the low switching voltage to overcome at this "splice" point.  A couple of
you guys said you were having great luck with RCS-4's with feedlines up to
700' in lenghth! Others said to put a stepup transformer in line. I'll give
it a good checkout when I get a chance. Where'd that nice 50 degree WX go
we had this past weekend. It's snowing now. Imagine that, snow in MT in

Thanks again and a sincere 73 to all,

P.S. FTR, everybody that responed seems to like the RCS-4 a lot.