[TowerTalk] 110 Vac up a tower

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 110 Vac up a tower
From: (
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 12:21:10 -0500
MW>As a thought, why not convert the 110ac to it up the tower and
MW>then convert it back to 110 ac if you really require this voltage for the
MW>relays?  This way, you also limit the amount of current availabe by the
MW>size of the transformers used.  All you need is 2 110/24 transformers.

MW>Mike  VA3MW

You can try this for the relays.  One of the world's best kept secrets
is that AC relays can work very well on DC.  I routinely run junkbox
110v AC relays on about 12-14v DC.  It could make your life a bit
simplier for the relays in this application!   You only then need the AC
for the motors etc

GL de Brian/K3KO

Vance Net Inc
End Of Message