[TowerTalk] Swinging gate side mounts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Swinging gate side mounts
From: k7fr@televar.com (Gary A. Nieborsky PE)
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 09:19:35 -0800
I'm starting into next years tower projects and want to know if anyone has
tried this:

I want to move my TIC rotor down to rotate a second KT34XA but to do so
means side mounting my 40-2CD (which now rotates on the TIC) on a swinging
gate contraption.  Unfortunately the existing TIC position is right above
the top guy mount and to keep the existing boom height I think I'll need to
mount the side mount bracket above the guy bracket and hang the beam below
the rotor.

Forgive the artwork......AutoCAD is my choice of drawing media.

|----|
|    |        <------ sidemount swinging thingy
|    |
|    |________
|    |             |
| \                 O  <------ 40-2CD
|   \
|     \
|       \
          \
            \

Anybody done this?  Does the IIX mount allow for this?

Thanks!

73 Gary K7FR