[TowerTalk] Mosley TA-34 XL

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley TA-34 XL
From: (Jim Reid)
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 13:30:50 -1000
At 08:16 PM 12/6/97 -0600, Dennis Schaefer wrote:
>Any opinions/info on the Mosley TA-34XL?

Hi,  I have had a TA-34-XL for 5 years now.  It is
a tribander,  and has withstood some very
powerful winds here across Kauai.  Not hurricane
force yet (75+mph),  but well over the 50's. I
have it on an MA-550 crank up tubular tower;  keep
it parked at about 40 to 45 feet,  to get just a
bit of strength margin from the tower in our trade

Performance wise,  it is clearly better than my
dipoles.  Am still doing comparisons with my V-beams
on the upper bands.  But V beam included angle is
much too great really for 20 and on up,  so probably
not fair,   so far the 34-XL is doing better than
the V's on all the upper bands.  I also have the
12-17 meter dipole on the 21 foot boom of the XL.

Were it not for having the 34-XL,  I believe I would be
using one of the Force 12 guys -- the 30 foot
boom 40 thru 10 meter,  forgot the model number, C4XL,

73,  Jim, KH7M