[TowerTalk] RE: old books (off topic)

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: old books (off topic)
From: (K7LXC)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 09:59:51 EST

> Hope I am not too far out of line in suggesting this on towertalk.

    Heck no. I spent a couple of days at Dave Leeson's (W6NL, ex-W6QHS) and
his library of interesting and valuable books on antennas, communications
theory, etc. was fascinating. Most of them were older and some of them were
from the 30's and 40's. I was impressed with these authors' grasp of the
theory and application from what I had thought was a much 'simpler' time.
There were some pretty sharp cookies out there even then.

     And it's fascinating that every once in a while someone 'discovers' some
antenna configuration or other. Then some old timer says, "oh yeah, we used to
call that a reverse flamethrower (or something)". Everything old is new again.

    BTW, there's a reflector for used ham-related books. You can subscribe at
ham-books-request@QTH.Net. It's fairly new but a good place to buy and sell
these kinds of books.

73,  Steve  K7LXC