[TowerTalk] Climbing alone ?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Climbing alone ?
From: (Tom Osborne)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 17:56:39 +0800
Mike wrote:
> >I carry either a 2m handheld or a cellular phone when I climb.
> >
> neat Idea, better than nothing at all I guess.
> I made the mistake of putting up samll antenna recently with no ground crew
> (it's only gunna take a second)...
> Mike...NO6X

Hi Mike. Seems like that's when the bad stuff happens.  I went up the
tower to put a small 15 meter beam about the 20.  Had a heck of a time
getting it up through the elements as it kept hanging up.  Anyway, I
finally got it up and was pretty proud of my self.  Cranked the tower
back up and then discovered I had hung the element up on the director and
turned it about 10 or 15 degrees.  If I would of had someone on the
ground, they could have told me before I cranked it back up.  Now I gotta
bring it back down and straighten out the mess. 73 and Merry Christmas